Friday, May 24, 2013

Iris Apfel

Gray day, gray economy, gray people...
Sometimes it feels like I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to get this world a prettier place. I love color and I'm allways getting happier when I see people expressing them selfs dressing up in an extravagant way mixing vintage, last season fashion, big jewelery or what ever they like but that make them unique.
I'm trying to dress up in my own way not focusing on what other people might think, but unfortunately, I rarely ever see anyone else doing it.... Around me I just see girls and boys, women and men that look like clones, all the same... Isn't it sad?
Am I the only one longing for a world where people can look different but still be accepted by the group?
In Italy we are going through a dull period right now and you can see it clearly on the streats, small boutiques have a hard time and they are closing down one after an other and big commercial shops take over, making the street fashion even more unilateral.
I so adore Iris Apfel, a famous american fashion and style consult, who is proud of who she is and never afraid of overdoing it.
My dream is to see more people like her around, with unchained personalities, not afraid to show the world who they really are!







(pictures from Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment