Friday, April 26, 2013

My tomato sauce

For lunch today I made my favorite tomato sauce. So easy to make and you can make lots of pasta dish variations out of it. Today I served it with spaghetti, home made meatballs and pecorino cheese.

This is what you need:
Good tomatoes
Garlic
Onion
2 filets of anchovy in olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine
A small spoon of honey
Salt and pepper

Let 2 pieces of garlic, one chopped onion and the anchovy fry gently in some olive oil. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and the honey and let it boil on a small fire with a bit of red wine for about 45 minutes. Make a purée and add what you prefer, like basil or chilli or serve it as it is with some Parmesan cheese. Out of the leftovers I'll make a lovely tomato and ricotta pasta an other day... :)

Buon appetito!











No comments:

Post a Comment